Grand Hotel Parker's - Naples, Campania

Click to Enlarge

   
   
   
 
 
 

The Grand Hotel Parker's, established in 1865, is situated on a hill that overlooks the gulf of Naples and the Chiaia beach. Clark Gable, Bernard Shaw, Boris Yeltsin and David Bowie are only a few of the celebrities that has sojourned at this grandiose hotel.
This property offers 73 luxurious bedrooms, 9 suites, and a Presidential suite. Sumptuous rooms are decorated with original antique furniture, paintings, sculptures and by a historical library made up by 700 volumes, all dating back to the 19th century. It has been recently renovated and its restaurant is both popular with the hotel's guests and the locals. It was named Parker's only in 1889, after it was bought by George Parker Bidder, a guest of the hotel. Before then, the hotel was called Tramontano Beaurivage and Mr. Parker used to be its guest for months at a time. One morning, Mr. Parker was awakened by Albert Brazil, the owner of the place who had lost it to a gambling debt. Parker's answer was to put the hotel on his bill, and he became its owner.
A ten minute walk along the beautiful streets to reach the famous Plebiscito Square, the Royal Palace and the National Museum. The hotel is close to the most important shopping area with its famous boutiques such as Bulgari, Versace, Marinella, Gucci and Valentrino.
At only 2 kms. from the hotel there is Mergellina Railroad Station and the Port, where daily hydrofoils departures are planned for Ischia, Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi and Positano.
Last but not least, in addition to splendid views and convenient location, a Health Center based on natural treatments using the herbs and balanced nutrition has recently opened.