345, Contrada Torricella 70034 Monopoli − Italy
+ 39 080 6909030
Fax: +39 080 747908
Hotel Il Melograno is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Italy, near Bari, in the southern Adriatic Coast. A region with a lot of Greek influence from past centuries. For example, in Alberobello, Locorotondo and Martina Franca, the houses have Trullis: stone cone structures on the roof that look like white huts. They still use them because it makes the house cooler. Hotel Il Melograno means Grenade, like the fruit, the property was given this name because there are fruit trees all over, not only grenades, also fichi d’India (prickly pear), lemons, oranges, etc. and many centuries old olive trees; one in particular next to the restaurant, is 2050 years old and still gives olives! The rooms and suites in Il Melograno are of high standard, all very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The building is comprised of two parts: the 16th century Masseria (fortified farm house) and what they call the new wing, all so well integrated that you don’t notice a difference.
There is a unique place in the south of Italy, nestled among the majestic olive trees of the Apulian countryside, by rare and evocative beauty: Il Melograno, 5 star Luxury Masseria and banquet hall, that welcomes you among green hills and the blue of the Adriatic Sea. Realized in a fortified masseria of the 17th century, Il Melograno plunges between colors and scents of the large flower garden, in extraordinary harmony with the surrounding area, rich in history and great artistic interest and landscape.
THE PRIVATE BEACH
Il Melograno offers you the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the Adriatic sea with our private beach, located 8 km from the Masseria, accessible by private car or shuttle service. Tamerici Beach Club has a range of services in order to better enjoy your relaxing holidays.
The picturesque and unique setting of Il Melograno makes it the ideal place where you can organize your events.Our staff, experienced and professional, is at your disposal to make your wishes come true with special care and attention to every occasion.
Il Melograno is also the perfect place for working meetings or simple meetings. The hotel offers six comfortable and elegant conference rooms from 10 to 600 seats and ample space for exhibitions. You can pair your business stay in a pleasant cultural excursions.
Perhaps your idea of relaxation is to wander through the bustling market of an old city in search of the ultimate fresh mozzarella and then explore Byzantine ruins or Baroque cathedrals, Whatever your choice il Melograno is a perfect destination.
- Museum and archaeological site of Egnatia, 15km
- Castellana Caves, the biggest and most spectacular carsick grottoes in Italy, 14 km
- Alberobello capitol of the mysterious trulli, UNESCO patrimony, 18 km
- Locorotondo, Martina Franca e Cisternino, the Valle d’Itria, 30 km
- Ostuni , the "white city" with its white washed dwellings, 39km
- Bari,the old city, the Romanesque cathedrals, the Norman – Swabian castle, 45 km
- Matera, in the neighbouring Basilicata, the underground churches and the "Sassi" the incredible urban dwelling excavated in the rock UNESCO patrimony. In 2003 it was the location of Mel Gibson’s the Passion of Christ, 73 km
- Trani, the port, the historical palaces, the cathedral and the numerous examples of the pugliese – Romanesque art, 95 km
- Castel del Monte, unique masterpiece of the medieval architecture built by Frederick II , UNESCO patrimony, km 103
- Lecce, superb example of Baroque architecture, 109 km
- Otranto, the door to the Orient with its renowned cathedral, 150 km
- The National Park of the Gargano 214 km
- Taranto, the city of the two seas, prosperous colony of the Magna Grecia, location of an important National Archaeological Museum where is possible to admire the Golds collection dating back between the IV and the I cent. B.C., 70 km
Mark the check box for the room(s) of your choice and you will receive an offer with the best available rate
Puglia or Apulia as it is also known, is a food and wine lover's paradise.
Fresh produce is of such high quality, that many of the basic elements of the Italian kitchen originate in Puglia, and a large amount of Italy's fish is caught off the extensive Apulian coast, Fish and seafood are abundant and better priced than in other parts of Italy, not to mention that 70% of the country's olive oil is produced here and the region produces 80% of Europe's pasta...
Many quality wines are also produced in Puglia, 10% of the European production to be more precise. The best reds are from the Salento region, specially the Primitivo and Negroamaro vineyards.
Without doubt, the natural beauty of this region with its spectacular coastline, will leave an unforgettable impression on anyone who visits this part of Italy, as well as the warm welcome of the southern Italians.
Puglia is served by two airports, one at Bari and the other one in Brindisi.
Practically all parts of the region can be reached from these airports, within an hour drive or less. Therefore, if you will be coming from Rome, is better to fly to one of the two airports, and rent a car. (The air fare is very inexpensive, approximately 100 Euros per round trip).
Puglia offers a vast cultural heritage that ranges from the Swabian castles of Frederick II, to the mysterious conical Trulli of Alberobello.
The ruins of ancient Egnazia 10 Kms.
Caves of Castellana 12 Kms.
Trulli of Alberobello* 19 Kms.
Locorotondo 25 Kms.
Martina Franca 31 Kms.
Ostuni (the White City) 36 Kms.
Bari 45 Kms.
"I Sassi" Matera* 75 Kms.
Trani 90 Kms.
Castel del Monte* (Frederic II) 90 Kms.
Lecce 90 Kms.
Otranto 125 Kms.
Gargano Peninsula 180 Kms.
*Recognized by UNESCO.
Please fill this form for individuals or for groups and you shall receive an answer written by a live person at Hotel Il Melograno. This is the only way you can know exactly what room types are available for the dates you want, an the best possible rate, because you are dealing directly with the hotel. Bear in mind that websites set up to give an automatic answer, work with allocated quotas given by the hotel, therefore when it appears there are no rooms available for the date you want, this is not necessarily true. Plus they charge the hotel a commission which is normally around 20% of the room rate